Error 1328 is a common issue that can occur during various processes, including updating, repairing, installing, or uninstalling the QuickBooks Desktop application. This error can be fixed by following a simple troubleshooting guide. This article provides an easy-to-understand explanation of the error and offers effective solutions for resolving it.
A brief review of QuickBooks Error 1328
The occurrence of QuickBooks update error 1328: C:config.msiPT* File Error can disrupt various functions of QuickBooks, such as updating, repairing, installing, and uninstalling the QB Desktop program. The error message that appears reads “Error 1328. Error updating file C:Config.MsiPTXXX.tmp.“
To fix this error, you will need to repair the QuickBooks Desktop installation and install a new version of the QuickBooks program.
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Error 1328
The main cause of the QuickBooks error 1328 is using a license number that is not compatible with the version of QuickBooks being installed. Know more causes here:
- If certain critical Windows system files are infected with viruses and malware, it can also lead to this error.
- When software setup files for installation are partially downloaded or corrupt, you may encounter such error when applying patch.
- A sudden system failure or an improper shutdown of Windows can be a possible cause of this error.
- This error may occur due to damaged or corrupted program files.
- Recent modifications may have made Windows registry entries invalid, leading to such error.
- Network and connectivity issues may be the reason behind the error.
Method 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub from a specific link.
- After the download completes, close any other applications running on Windows.
- Click on the setup file from the Downloads folder on your computer.
- Agree to the license terms and conditions to install Tool Hub.
- Run the program using the desktop icon.
- Go to the Program Installation Problems section and select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Agree to the EULA Agreement by clicking on Yes.
- Click on Proceed on the Install Diagnostic Tool window.
- Wait until the tool updates all the Microsoft components.
- After the update completes, restart your Windows and check if QuickBooks is functioning without any error.
If you encounter any difficulties while trying to implement the solutions provided in this article, which require you to modify Windows settings, we recommend that you seek help from our QuickBooks error support representatives by calling on our helpline i.e., 1-800-615-2347. Our team will provide quick assistance to resolve all the accounting related errors.